Saturday, July 17, 2010

Random Sights and Sounds

1. Saw an 8 year old boy at a food court downing a Heineken. Not just a sip of his dad's....nope...one of his own that he was chugging.

2. A Haitian woman was walking down the street with a white baby doll on her hip as if it was a real baby.

3. None of the kids zip their zippers...ever. Guess its some kind of some unnecessary step they can skip in the morning and after they use the bathroom.

4. My students have asked to used the "boom boom room." I was like, "What the heck is that?" They explained to me that's where they go to go number 2. I guess there's a designated bathroom on campus that they all go to when they go poop. Okay then.

5. Asians are few and far between here, so when I was in the car on the way back from the grocery store, we stopped next to a UN truck. I saw an Asian guy hanging out the window so I just waved and said to the others in my car, "Hey look, another Asian!" He asked if I was Chinese, haha. Everyone here assumes I'm Chinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment