Friday, July 2, 2010

What's on my Mind on my Last Day

I had such an amazing night with my fam last night...had sushi and played Gestures. Had a great, restful night's sleep and I'm ready to go.

Over the last few days I've been a bit overwhelmed with fear about going to Haiti. I've had nightmares of things happening to me, been scared after reading a travel warning that 4 Americans have been kidnapped and killed in the last 3 months, and learning that there's been a huge increase in rapes since the earthquake. I've been seeking the LORD, reading scripture, praying, and asking others to pray for me. Then this morning I felt such an overwhelming calm. The Lord is good, and He gives a peace that surpasses all understanding. This is what He spoke to me:

"I sought the LORD and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces will never be ashamed. This afflicted man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and rescues them. O taste and see that the LORD is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! Psalm 34: 4-8

I'm believing God's gonna do huuuuuuuuge things in Haiti. I just feel it in my bones, in my spirit. I'm excited and am going forth in confidence knowing that the LORD goes before me, is right next to me, and covers me from behind.

So today I'm leaving from LA to Miami for a 14 hour layover...staying at a hotel with 3 of the other teachers...then getting to Haiti tomorrow in the afternoon. I'll update again once I get there. Love you all and thank you for your support and prayers. I need it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment