Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Daphne the Diva

Short little story...so our little 4 year old, Daphne, is quite the character. Even though she's so small...she has a big voice, carries a big personality, and attitude for days. The last missionary group to come in named her Daphne the Diva. To my friends in Hawaii, you know what I mean when I say she's such a titta.
So yesterday, a group from Washington came in to install fans on the walls of our girl's orphanage. These group of white men were asking our Creole speaking nanny in English if there were any more rooms to install fans. Obviously, there was a frustrating language barrier. But have no fear, Daphne the Diva to the rescue! She came in with her little attitude, translated into Creole what the missionaries were trying to communicate to the nanny, then said in English, "She said there's no more rooms." Then she turned and walked away...like hey, my duties here are done...I'm on to bigger and better things...call me if you need me. Di-va! The missionaries said they were just cracking up that this little girl just came through and took charge. I mean, God did say in His Word not to let people despise you because of your youth. Get it girl!

1 comment: