Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What in the Flying Cockroaches?!

Mezanmi!!! So Brooke (our lovely nurse here) and I were in the guest house office when I saw a large bug crawling on the wall in front of me. "Is that a cockroach?" I asked, as I pointed it out her. She started to get up...to kill it, or maybe run away. Then suddenly, the little sucker started flying and she chose to do the latter. She bolted out the door as we both screamed in horror. The cockroach decided to leave the office too, so I slammed the door behind it. Then I laughed hysterically as I could hear Brooke, Jamie (our guest house manager), and Bob (a visiting missionary) yell and shriek as they pursued the flying insect. I could here SLAP! SLAP! And, "Oh my gosh!! Ahhhh!!!" I was pleased to find that when I opened the door, la cucaracha esta muerto.

Brooke and I collected ourselves and returned to our computers in the office when we heard a buzzing and tapping. We were wondering what it was, and then I saw from a small window above the office door that there was another large insect flying around in our hallway. We yelled for Jamie to help, but she had her Ipod blaring in her ears. Brooke facebook messaged her about our new uninvited guest, and she came to the rescue like a champ. We again heard her smacking at it from behind the door, the insect buzzing around to get away, and then silence. Brooke and I are such chickens, so we just screamed and laughed while Jamie, the assassin, did work on the bug.

Then we had enough sense to close the door to the back porch. This is the grossness that had been flying around our house.
And, earlier today, the cooks and I found a tarantula behind our forks. Mezanmi!! TIH!

No comments:

Post a Comment