Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Ode to Rubber Bands

I've been so amazed at the value and multipurpose use of colored rubber bands here. Here are some examples of how they are used.

A game I fondly refer to as
Bocci Band Very similar to Bocci Ball...the object of the game is to throw rubber bands until you land on top of your opponent's band, then you gain all the rubber bands that were thrown.

Dominoes Gambling
The older boys play dominoes every day and can never just do it for fun. It costs 5 rubber bands when you have to pass and 10 rubber bands when you lose. As a side note, I've heard they've made each other do silly things when they would lose. Like have to play with a metal bed post around their shoulders for the next game, or stick these huge leaves in their mouths as they played.

Lastly, and my favorite,
Friendship Bracelets
I've gotten rubber bands from Davidson and Keso from our orphanage and from Markenzy, my buddy from the feeding program. I cherish them dearly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment