Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Yellow Shirt Babies


So there are a group of 30 children from another orphanage who regularly attend our feeding program. They lost their home in the earthquake and have been living in a small tent together ever since. They are the cutest little things ever and I've totally fallen in love with them. I've been able to cruise by the Ben's every once in a while on days when they are just there to get fed without the rest of the feeding program kids and just play and hang out. They've also become very fond of my camera...whether getting their picture or video taken...or taking pictures with my camera. I got to print out a few pictures of them and give it to them before I left. They were so stoked!

On Wednesday I decided to go with them as they got a ride back to their house. I had heard their living conditions were pretty bad, but I had no idea. Here are a few pictures of where the 30 of them live.

They live under that blue tarp.This is the entrance into their little home.
30 of their little bodies cram in here at night to sleep. :( Makes me so thankful to God that all the buildings to our orphanage are in tact. This could have been our kids.

However, praise God, the story doesn't end there. Our orphanage has been trying to get help for these kids, and another orphanage organization called, Hands and Feet, have decided to take over and help them out. They found a house to rent and are trying to get everything figured out in order to get the kids into a home as soon as possible!! Even sleeping on the floor in a completely empty house has to be much better than this (especially when it rains)! God is so good and I can't wait to get back and visit them in their new home one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment